Spring has arrived bringing with it warmer weather and longer days. As mentioned in our previous blog “Declutter your home and simplify your life” it’s the perfect time of year to make everything fresh and clean in anticipation of relaxing summer days. Or, if you are planning to downsize, it’s the perfect time to prepare your home for sale.
Here are some handy spring cleaning tips to get you motivated: –
- Create a plan tailored to your home and yard. This helps to make the project seem more manageable by breaking it down into bite size tasks. For many, the pleasure comes with the satisfaction of ticking off a checklist and the sense of accomplishment from a job well done.
- Gather all the cleaning supplies and tools you will need to spring clean, and keep them together in a handy caddy to save time and energy as you move from room to room.
- Always start at one end of a room and work your way forward, to ensure you do not return dirt to an already clean surface, using a vacuum cleaner to pick up the accumulated dust and dirt.
- Take the time to thoroughly clean one room at a time before moving on to the next room. Pace yourself and don’t try to do the whole house in a short period of time. And, remember to take time out for a cuppa, or a rest to rejuvenate you to keep going.
- Don’t forget to enlist the help of family or friends. It’s always more fun to work together, creating memories as well as being a bonding experience.
- Also, utilising the services of a commercial cleaner can be a good idea if certain tasks seem too daunting or beyond your capabilities.
When the mission is completed, stand back and take pleasure in your fresh clean surroundings. Don’t forget to reward yourself for a job well done.
If you are thinking of selling your home to downsize, this is a perfect time to sell, especially now that your home is looking fresh and clean, the yard is tidy and the excess clutter has gone.
If you are feeling somewhat daunted at the prospect of selling your family home and wonder what your options are for the future, I would love to help you. As a specialist in Seniors Real Estate, I can guide you through the selling process with the least amount of stress as possible and achieve a great sales result so you can comfortably move to the next stage of your life with confidence. Contact Heather Abbot today for an obligation-free appraisal, phone: 0417 001 186.