For many of us, our home is our haven where we feel secure and familiar with our surroundings. However, there often comes a time when for various reasons, it becomes necessary to move.
The thought of moving in your latter years can seem overwhelming. There is so much to be done and you just don’t have the energy you used to have. Even if there is a part of you that is joyfully anticipating the change, it is important to realise that hesitation and doubt about the unknown is normal, and can understandably create a certain amount of stress.
However, you don’t have to do this all on your own. As a Senior’s Real Estate agent, I understand the complexities of moving and specialise in helping clients during this stage in their lives. I genuinely understand your fear of change and have the professional expertise to help you make this transition smoothly.
Here are some helpful strategies on how to cope, so that you can enjoy the process of moving forward.
- Being organised is key to a smooth transition, however if you just don’t know where to start, refer to some of my previous blogs for help, such as ‘How to Prepare Your Home for Sale’
- Seek help from family and friends. Most people are all too willing to show their love and care by assisting you, so give them the opportunity to help and don’t try to tackle it all on your own.
- Realise that moving can be a bittersweet experience. You will undoubtedly experience grief; however, this does not mean you have made a mistake. This is normal and your feelings of sadness will lessen with time – especially when the benefits of your new home and the lifestyle it brings become more apparent.
- Focus on the future. Talk to others who have made a similar life transition, as having a clear idea about what your new life will look like will help you feel less vulnerable.
- Once you are in your new home, it is helpful to maintain well-loved activities, routines and rituals – as these experiences can give emotional comfort at a time when everything feels so “new” and different.
As a caring and committed Residential Sales Consultant, specialising in Senior’s Real Estate, I would love to assist with the sale of your home. Contact me today to arrange an obligation-free appraisal of your home – ph. Heather Abbot 0417 001 186